Week 1 in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds went well. Much like Iron Docks, our very first run netted us the bronze medal. While we didn’t quite pull off the silver, we were very close, coming in just 4:21 shy of the cutoff.
Positives to take away:
- Our first run went very well. Just a few tweaks/things to tighten up.
- We’re doing a pretty good job with trash.
- We’re doing well with stuns/interrupts and this continues to improve with each run.
- When we executed to our best, we were flying through with really good times until the one fatal mistake that sunk the run.
- Another week of completion with bronze time on our first attempt, and with a very close time, to boot.
- Even falling short of our goal, our time is #75 realm time.
The areas where we have the most room for improvement are:
- Cleave damage from skeletons on trash packs. Remember to stay behind them.
- Watch our step. We need to avoid summoning extra adds or taking avoidable damage from runes/graves.
- On the bridge before Bonemaw:
- Body slam from the worms. Look for a wide strip of boiling black goo (looks something like defile) to avoid.
- Plagued Bats. I can’t remove the poison, and am having a hard time healing through the damage (the DoT alone does 15K dps to the tank at 5 stacks). If he’s not already doing so, I will need Venoym to Cleanse Askevar as often as possible while we’re facing bats. If he is already doing that, we may need to take other measures, like managing our stun rotation a little better or maybe use Army.
- Boss fights. We have a few minor mechanical issues we need to pay closer attention to.
- Make sure the add doesn’t reach Sadana on first boss.
- Don’t forget to save offensive CDs until after the Soul Shred phase (when you have a damage buff) on Nhallish.
- Inhale on Bonemaw. Melee group needs to move to the puddles a little earlier.
- Rune of Malevolence on Ner’zhul. Ranged group needs to whip around the corner more quickly after wall of bones, and move out of it more quickly.
- Wall of Bones. We need to get the add down ASAP to give the ranged group time to move through and around the gap. The tank/boss/melee group can trail in at their own pace after.
As with Iron Docks, these minor fixes will add up to significant time savings in the long run. Adding in the invisibility run will also give us a shot at saving time. We don’t need to shave much off to get our goal. We can do this.
We’ll be back in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds next week. Please review the video here:
As per usual, I’m very proud of this group and the work we’re doing. Our first run is a very solid foundation to build on.
P.S. Have a gander at Grimrail Depot (which I cannot seem to stop calling Iron Docks), as well, in case we have extra time. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4_AU8_J5eo