Today’s add-on is a special treat for me because it is one of my absolute favorite add-ons. I’m not sure how I ever got along without it and I now consider it a must-have add-on for anyone who loves making alts (or even just keeps a bank toon).
Altoholic is a program for keeping track of your alts. It is the end-all and be-all of multi-toon management add-ons. No joke, if there’s something you want to know about your alts, Altoholic tracks it. It’s everything you ever wanted to know about your alts, all in a nice tidy search window reminiscent of the auction house interface.
- Quests: Link a quest and Altoholic will tell you which of your alts is also on the quest.
- Professions: Need to know which toons have leveled cooking, first aid, leatherworking? Altoholic can tell you. Not only does it give you a list of the major professions and each toon’s skill in it, it also allows you to open the toons’ crafting books as if you were on the character. Some guildie needs a link for the mats on the latest, greatest epic? No worries, you can link him your tailor’s craft book without ever leaving your blacksmith.
- Reputation: Having trouble keeping track of which toons have reached exalted with Faction X and which one has some grinding left to do? Altoholic has you covered with full reputation summaries for every faction for every toon you have.
- Gear: Altoholic can show you what each toon has equipped in each slot, complete with ilevel and handy mouseover tooltips, as if you were looking at the toon itself. It also provides a few other useful stats like your average ilevel on each toon.
- Inventory Management: If you want to know what’s in your bag or bank, then altoholic can tell you. You can view the bags and bank of all your toons. It even lets you remotely view your Guild Vault.
- Bag Usage: Altoholic can tell you how many storage spaces you have on each character, and how many of them are full and how many are available. It even breaks it down by bag so that you can easily see which characters have which size of bags so you know who needs those shiny new 22 slots bags the most.
- True Search Function:Just type in what you’re looking for and Altoholic will find it. You can search through professions, achievements, inventory items, and more. It’s like google for your game.
- Helpful Tooltips: Altoholic adds in some very helpful information in your tooltips. For example, when you mouse over a crafting recipe Altoholic will tell you which toon(s) already know the recipe, which one(s) can learn it now, and which one(s) could learn it when their skill gets high enough. Mousing over an item also lets you know how many of an item you have total, and where they are. For example, Altoholic adds in the following information when mousing over some Frostweave Cloth: How many frostweave cloth you have on your toon and where they are (44 total: 4 Bags, 40 Bank). It tracks items the same way for all of your toons and (optionally) guilds. If you have 20 frostweave on another character Altoholic knows and tells you in the tooltip. If you have 300 more in the guild bank you can set up Altoholic to tell you that (right down to the tab and space the stacks are in).
- Money Tracking: Altoholic tracks money just about as well as Broker Cashflow does. If you can live without having the gold displayed on your screen at all times, Altoholic works in much the same way.
- Time Played: You can type /played on a character to see how long you have played total, how long you’ve been at your current level, etc. Altoholic can access and store the same data for you, except that Altoholic can track and compare all 10 toons at once.
- Experience: Altoholic can tell you the level, XP, and Rested Bonus XP of all of your characters.
- Calendar: Altoholic can track raid and instance lockouts, guild invites, holidays and more, even across multiple characters.
And more. Much, much more. There simply isn’t room in a short article to tell you everything Altoholic can do. If you think that any of these things sound at all useful, do yourself a favor and go try it. I’m certain you won’t be sorry that you did.