Sorry, Angels, no CM runs this weekend because of the Super Bowl. Enjoy the game.
Week 3 in UBRS was a long time in coming. It was good to finally have a full night working at it. We made good use of our time.
Things to take away:
- This was our first full night. Both of our previous nights were shortened by technical difficulties.
- We finished! Twice. This is a HUGE step in the right direction. Good work.
- We’re starting to get down the Zaela fight. Almost there.
- We’re 6:10 from Silver. That’s roughly 1 wipe.
Changes we can make:
- We need to tighten up on the beginning of the instance. We’ve done it before, so I know we can do it again. There was probably some rust because of our extended absence.
- Things we should be sure to hit:
- Switch to banners in the first hall.
- Stuns/interrupts throughout.
- We need to make better use of potions. If you pre-pot before each trash pull, it should be available before the next pull on most/all pulls. At the very least we should be able to pot every-other pull.
- We should also be double-potting on bosses. Potions are a huge boost at the scaled-down gear level, so high uptime on the buff helps immensely. I’ve sent everyone a “gift package” of potions to help out with the cost of this.
Bottom Line: we need to play (slightly) better, not faster. If we buckle down and play cleanly we’ll serve ourselves better than trying to rush. We’re right there, I think we can turn the corner next week. As always, good job, and I’m proud of this group. See you next week.
So I decided to poke my head into the Proving Grounds to take a crack at completing the collection of titles. I already had Proven Healer from last expansion, and I got Proven Assailant for damage earlier in this expansion, so the only thing left in my way was the Proven Defender for tanking. It took a couple of tries, but I did it. Huzzah! This one felt like it may have been a bit harder than the others, but I’m not sure. At any rate, I am now a proud and Proven Defender. Take that, dislike for tanking! In your face!
Some general advice for healing the proving grounds as a holy paladin:
- Beacon on the tank and the hunter.
- Stand in melee range and stun/interrupt as often as possible.
- Use Judgement/Holy Shock as often as possible to build holy power.
- Spend holy power on Eternal Flame (try to keep it rolling on at least 2, preferably 3 targets).
- Make sure you have healing gear (trinkets/rings/etc.). Yes, they do make a big difference.
- Make good use of your cooldowns, even your “Hand of __” spells.
- Hand of Sacrifice is a nice CD for heavy tank damage.
- Hand of Protection instantly removes Chomp (but be careful not to HoP the tank).
- Grab and use a warlock cookie from the soulwell.
I was looking at finishing up the various PVP achievements that are within my realm of possibility. One such achievement is the Warsong Gulch Veteran achievement for winning 100 matches in WSG. I’m 64 victories in, but the queue is averaging about 20 minutes and then another 10 for the match itself. Even assuming a 100% win rate (not a safe assumption), it’s going to take about 18 hours to grind out the remaining wins. Man, that sure is going to take awhile.
***UPDATE*** I’m now 73 victories in, but queue times have crept up to nearly an hour. Ugh.
Ugh. Remind me never to pug another Timewalking Dungeon. Just… ugh.
It was a painful game of one-upmanship in a total fail contest almost the whole night. After pugging my way through 2 toons (10 runs) with maybe 2 or 3 good runs to show for it, I am just so done.
The hunter pulls an extra pack (or 2 or 3) and we wipe? “C’mon heals.”
The hunter does it again and we wipe. Again. “C’mon heals.”
People standing in the purple mojo and die? “C’mon heals.”
Nobody interrupts the spellflingers and we wipe? “C’mon heals.”
Tank pulls before I get there and dies? “C’mon heals.”
Tank doesn’t know how to play his class? “C’mon heals.”
Tank pulls while at half health and we’re still buffing? “C’mon heals.”
Hunter *TAUNTS* and gets one-shotted? “C’mon heals.”
Tank stands in the avoidable cone and takes 110% of his health in damage? “C’mon heals.”
Same tank gets rezzed and dies to the same thing again. “C’mon heals.”
Same tank gets rezzed yet again and dies to the same ability a 3rd time? “C’mon heals.”
Nobody uses the boulder to LoS and reset cold stacks on Garfrost? “C’mon heals.”
You name it, they failed at it, yet somehow it was all my fault. On behalf of competent healers everywhere I would like to give a nice hearty “Fuck You” to all of you. L2P or L2STFU. I don’t care which. Being bad and rude about it is not an acceptable option.
Finally got the Minion of Grumpus mount on bag 97. Now I can stop doing the stupid dailies. lol
Here’s wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season.